I'm procrastinating from studying for my philosophy exam and listening to Hem. They're one of my favorite bands because their music is my kind of music. Some say boring, I say beautiful. They just released spring/summer tour dates, and they're coming to North Carolina! They will be in Charlotte, Asheville, and the good ole Chapel Hill, playing with Over the Rhine, a band that I don't know, but whose music you can listen to here and here.
I just linked Over the Rhine's music, and it kinda sucks. Now I realize that I can't link Hem's music, which is good. But you can go to their music page and download mp3's of their music. I suggest "Beautiful Sea" from the No Word From Tom album and "Redwing" from Eveningland.
Also, I just learned how to make links within my blog, so I'm going crazy with them! Below is the lyrics to my current favorite Hem song.
"The Beautiful Sea"
Me, I imagine places
That I have never seen
The colored lights in fountains,
Blue and green
And I imagine places
That I will never go
Behind these clouds that hang here,
Dark and low
But it's there when I'm holding you
It's there when I'm sleeping too
There when there's nothing left of me
It's hanging just beyond
the burned-out factory
Out of reach but leading me
Into the beautiful sea
And I remember something
It feels a lot like fear
Some kid is wild and shouting
Coast is clear
And it's there when I'm holding you
It's there when I'm sleeping too
There when there's nothing left of me
It's hanging just beyond
the burned-out factory
Out of reach but leading me
Into the beautiful sea
Into the beautiful sea
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment