Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dream Update

My boyfriend and I are walking along this rock-cliff thing overlooking a lake. While we're jumping around the rocks and goofing around, we see a guy a ways off fall off the cliff into the lake (it's only a 15-foot or so drop). Boyfriend plays hero and jumps in after the guy to save him. Although his efforts were quite honorable, the guy is fine. He didn't need any rescuing. Pleasantries are exchanged with Guy. Boyfriend climbs back up and is with me. We start to leave the rock cliff, and we have to climb back over some rocks to get back to normal ground. Boyfriend is in front of me a few steps. When I have to make a particularly big step up from one rock to another, I grab a fence (I don't know why a fence is there; plot device, I guess) to keep me steady. But when I pull on it, the fence falls over, throws me off balance, and I fall in the lake! The fence falls with me and lands over me. In the water, it's on top of me holding me down, so I can't swim up. My hand is tangled in the fence, and I can't get it out, so I can't swim away. I'm trapped and drowning. Boyfriend is trying to jump in and save me, but when my section of the fence fell, the rest of the fence got tangled and somehow formed a barrier between him and the lake. I'm still drowning! Guy swims over to help me, accompanied by my EMT friend. (I guess they were hanging out on the other side of the lake?) But they're taking forever to reach me, and I'm still drowning! I flail around a little while longer, and then...

I wake up. Right then. I'm going to have to yell at the writers in my brain. You do not just end a show at the intense part like that. It's suspenseful. It's even more suspenseful because I know that I'll never have that dream again, so I'll never know the ending. Damn you, dream writers.

No comments: