Thursday, March 16, 2006

My Brain is Messed Up

I'm becoming more and more convinced that my brain is messed up.

Dream #1:
A few weeks back, I had a horribly scary nightmare. I dreamt that because of global warming, one half of the world had sunk into a giant crater filled with lava, and the edges of the crater were slowly crumbling into the lava, like a sandcastle moat on the beach when the tide's coming in. So anyway, me, my dad, my brother, and my boyfriend were all huddled at a shelter. An official announcement came over the loudspeaker saying that our shelter was going to fall into the crater and we would all die in five minutes. I started sobbing to my dad because I wasn't going to be able to tell my mom and sisters goodbye before we died. I woke up crying.

Dream #2: Last week, I dreamt that I was an alcoholic. My husband was trying to get me to face and accept my problems, so he sat across from me at the kitchen table and placed a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of pills in front of me. But he was too late, because a little bit after that, the police came to take away my children. I took my baby out of her crib, but the police wouldn't let me carry her down the stairs because I was drunk. So I handed her to her big brother who was all of 6 or 7 and told him to take care of her. Then I woke up.

Dream #3: A few days ago, I dreamt that a monster was chasing me around the library. He cornered me on the stairs, but I managed to slip by him. I ran through the main library and hid in a little room behind the checkout counter. I was crouching under a counter, and while I watched, the door knob turned, and ... I woke up.

Dream #4: Okay, this one was scary. Which is weird because the monster-in-the-library one didn't scare me all that much, but this one did a lot. Me and four other people were hiding out in this town (I don't know why). We were in stealth-mode and being all incognito because we knew that if anyone found out who we were, the whole town would turn against us. (I don't know why). So we're hiding in this little room, trying to listen to what's going on in the main room, where there's a town meeting. We can hear through the paper-thin walls... there was a guy in the center of the room, screaming at the top of his lungs. The townspeople were gathered around him, chanting. Apparently they were tattooing this guy against his will as some sort of ritual thing. Just as I realized this, a big blond bouncer-type guy sees us, and we all run for it. UNC Erik makes a cameo appearance as the fifth person in my stealth-team, but he manages to run a lot faster than us and is way ahead. So then I'm scared because I'm not sure if he got caught or just outran us. The two other nameless, faceless guys fall way behind as Louise (another cameo!) and I outrun them. I look at Louise with terror in my eyes, and then I wake up.

So what the hell is going on? I wish I knew. If anyone out there has any dream interpretation skillz, please lend them to me. Also, wish me luck for nightmare-free nights.

No comments: