Friday, March 24, 2006

Heaven

Last night I discovered another name for heaven. It's called "the chocolate buffet at the Fullerton Hotel." For US$23.00, there was chocolate for 3 hours. The first table was stacked with chocolate cakes, cookies, mousses, candies, everything. That's where I started with a plate full of chocolate. The Fullerton chocolate cake was the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my life. It was the richest, heaviest chocolate I've ever had. Amazing.

My next plate was from the chocolate fondue station. Marshmallows, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, and a FOUNTAIN OF CHOCOLATE! So a whole plate full of that too. After eating that, I had to sit and rest for a while. I needed to digest to make room for more chocolate. So I met some people, had some good conversations, that sort of thing.

My third plate was going back to the cake/cookie/mousse table. Another plate full of mint chocolate cake and chocolate cream mousse and orange with white chocolate ganache was just what I needed. Then I had to rest again, so there were more big conversations. I actually met a lot of cool people. Yay for anti-social me! I was capable of carrying on a conversation with new people!

I finished off with some special kind of hot chocolate that had a "hint of caramel." Yummy, yummy, and it went down smooth.

So all in all, I think it was one of the best nights of my life. I don't think I've ever eaten that much chocolate. I wish my brother could have been there. We could have appreciated it together. I think I'll have chocolate buffet invading my dreams for the next couple weeks.

No comments: